We are excited to announce that KansasFest 2022 will take place both in-person and remote this summer, July 19-24. Registration will open April 17.
For the in-person event, we will be requiring either proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test within 72 hours before your arrival. We will have testing kits available at check in, although it is strongly recommended that you take the test in advance. At this time we anticipate that masks will not be required, although you are welcome to wear one. We are also making several changes to the in-person event to increase safety, including:
- Same price for single and double rooms
- Double rooms will be by request only between attendees, not randomly assigned
- Streaming of the talks in different locations, to encourage social distancing
- The inclusion of virtual talks during the event, to avoid any pressure to attend in person
- Free hand sanitizer and masks in all meeting areas
- Full refund of your registration costs if you test positive for COVID or have related symptoms
For more details on our COVID protocols and an FAQ, visit here.
The remote KansasFest will take place simultaneously, and will include streaming of all of the in-person and virtual talks, along with plenty of chat rooms on Discord. We are finalizing the schedule of events for both in-person and remote, but we are planning on having the majority of talks from Thursday, July 21 through Saturday, July 23.
Look for more announcements coming soon, and in the meantime, Apple II Forever!