Most attendees come home with more than they bring, even attendees intent on thinning their collections. Here are some vendors at KansasFest. This is a great chance to get hands-on help and see items before you buy.
Get Beagle Bros and Elephant Memory Systems stickers from VintageTechStickers.com.
Brian Wiser is an Apple historian, designing and publishing retro computer/gaming books at CallAPPLE.org, and will also have limited Apple bumper stickers available. He was an extra in Joss Whedon’s “Serenity,” and will have limited DVDs of his Firefly documentary “Done The Impossible.”
Juiced.GS is quarterly print magazine dedicated to all models of the Apple II personal computer. Each issue features news, reviews, interviews, and how-tos, delivered right to your mailbox. Juiced.GS also sells the complete line of The Byte Works programming tools and Steve Weyhrich’s hardcover history of the Apple II, Sophistication & Simplicity.
Apple Pugetsound Program Library Exchange (A.P.P.L.E.) has been an Apple User Group since 1978, and our members continue to enjoy newly-produced Call-A.P.P.L.E. magazines, and access to older issues and software. As a book publisher, callapple.org/books features over a dozen new books and manuals, like “The WOZPAK”, “Graphically Speaking” by Mark Pelczarski, “All About DOS: Enhanced Edition” and “Tome of Copy Protection.”
A number of businesses and individuals are donating prizes, too. Please thank them (and buy their products).
- RetroFloppy – RetroFloppy brings your old files from floppy disks, Jaz/Zip drives, laptops, magneto-optical disks, and hard disks into the 21st century
- a2RetroSystems – Uthernet network cards
- Call-A.P.P.L.E. – World’s largest Apple User Group
- a2heaven.com – For everyone who still loves and uses Apple II computers
- assembly lines – Retro computer videos and products
- Juiced.GS – A quarterly Apple II journal
- ReActiveMicro – ReActivate your vintage Apple computer
- A2Central.com – Your total source for Apple II computing
- Apple][History – The story of the most personal computer
- Sean Fahey
- Michael Packard
- Tom Porter
- Michael Mulhern
- Joe Strosnider
- Sarah W.
- Mark Wise
- Brian Wiser
- Mike Whalen