While the evenings and nights of KansasFest are renowned for their spontaneity, the mornings and afternoons are reserved for sessions spanning a variety of uses, extensions, and applications of the Apple II family. Just as varied as these sessions are the good people who volunteer to present them. If you have a topic you'd like to present, please fill out the session proposal form.
Some sessions already on the dock for this year (subject to change) include:
- Off-the-grid: Total portability for the Apple IIc
- Sew your own Apple II ornament
- Writeaway: An Apple II word processor
- Apple II Pi
- Controlling I/O via game port interface, or "How I learned to stop worrying and love the Apple II rocket launcher"
- Emulator detection in 6502 assembly language
- Pascal as my second language
- Accelerating the IIc+
- Star Saga One using VASSAL
- AppleTalk Networking with GSport
- A2CLOUD and A2SERVER 2014
- Three Kingdoms: Resurrection of Sara
Past sessions have included hardware, software and game demonstrations and tutorials; integration of the Apple II with other devices; emulators; programming; Apple II history; or any subject that would be of interest to Apple II users. We are especially interested in and prioritize sessions that focus on Apple II-related topics. But as space allows, we also love Mac, iOS and a stray Windows or Linux session or two. Sessions are typically 30 to 60 minutes in length and are held at various times throughout the daytime (and sometimes evening) hours.
If you've never done a session, check out a sample of past year's contributions.