- This event has passed.
Happle Trees! Programming low-res graphics in Applesoft BASIC
Jul 15, 2015 @ 7:45 pm - 9:30 pm
Have you dreamed of bringing your Applesoft BASIC programming skills into ANOTHER DIMENSION? If so, then this workshop is for you! Be DAZZLED by stunning graphics, created by YOU in a full rainbow of sixteen LUMINOUS colors* with an UNPRECEDENTED resolution of forty by forty rectangular pixels!
This workshop will cover:
- Designing low-res graphics for the Apple II
- Creating and programming Applesoft BASIC graphics in low-res mode
- Adding simple animation to your graphics (time permitting)
- An Apple II** computer or computer/laptop running your favorite Apple II emulator
- For participants using Apple II computers: a floppy disk, formatted for saving Applesoft BASIC programs or disk/storage media with space to save a program (optional, but highly recommended!)
- A version of Applesoft BASIC that can support low-res graphics mode, preferably on disk/disk image to allow for saving your programs
Graph paper, sample images and colored pencils will be provided for designing graphics. If you do not have a computer with you, you are welcome to attend and sketch out graphics to try out later on your own after the workshop.
* All colors not available on monochrome monitors
** Workshop programs will be tested on an Enhanced Apple IIe, AppleWin (PC) and Virtual ][ (mac), [Apple II GS users are welcome, assuming they can access BASIC/ProDOS]