Each KansasFest attendee goes home with more than they brought. The memories and friendships made at KansasFest last a lifetime, and the lessons and experiences learned from fellow Apple II enthusiasts, both within and without the structured sessions, lead to even more enjoyment of our favorite platform.
But what about more tangible mementos? How about some fantastic swag?
When you pack for KansasFest, leave room in your luggage, as every person at KansasFest has the opportunity to go home with prizes that will make you a true Apple II power user. Among this year’s selection are hardware, software, and magazines that you won’t find at any other computer convention:
- FC5025 floppy disk controller card (with floppy drive from 16Sector)
- Replica-1 unassembled kit
- Simply Softdisk G-S and Softdisk Supreme CDs (courtesy Syndicomm)
- Focus IDE card
- iPod Shuffle (2GB / black / engraved)
- Assembler/Macrosoft software package (courtesy Nibble Magazine)
- Juiced.GS one-year subscription (courtesy Gamebits)
- 8 Bit Weapon’s Electric High EP CD (courtesy Gamebits)
- $50 cash prize (courtesy Ryan Suenaga)
How does one win such fabulous prizes? There are several ways:
- Enter the HackFest. This programming contest challenges you to create a cool Apple II program in a limited amount of time. Your entry doesn’t need to be practical or even complete to win!
- In honor of Roger Wagner, attendees (men and women!) are invited to “Tie One On” and wear outrageous or ugly ties to the Friday night formal banquet. The person with the best (or worst!) tie will be decided by a member of the planning committee.
- Attendees staying on-site in Rockhurst University dorm rooms may decorate the door to their room. Posters, signs, knick-knacks, and other accessories are all fair play, as long as they can be safely removed at the end of the conference. The best door sign may prove worthy of a prize!
- Show up! Just for being at KansasFest, we guarantee you’ll go home with more than you expected.
Other potential prize venues include playing games such as GShisen or Bite the Bag. These prizes are in addition to whatever gear you haul from Sean’s garage or buy at the vendor fair. Our thanks to all community members and vendors who have contributed to this year’s offerings. So come enjoy the people, activities, and prizes of KansasFest!